RENAULT CARD: GENERAL INFORMATION
RENAULT CARD: GENERAL INFORMATIO
1Unlocking the doors and tailgate.
2Locking all doors and tailgate.
3 Switch on the courtesy lighting remotely.
4Unlocking/locking the tailgate
The RENAULT card is used for:
- locking/unlocking the doors and tailgate (doors, tailgate) and the fuel filler flap (see the following pages);
- switch on the vehicle lighting remotely (refer to the following pages);
- starting the engine; refer to the information on “Starting the engine” in Section 2.
Make sure that the correct battery type is being used, and that the battery is in good condition and inserted correctly. Its service life is approximately two years: replace it when the message “KEYCARD BATTERY LOW” appears on the instrument panel (refer to the information on the “RENAULT card: battery” in section 5).
RENAULT card operating range
This varies according to the surroundings: when handling the RENAULT card, it is important to make sure that you do not lock or unlock the doors by inadvertently pressing the buttons.
Integrated key 5
The integrated key is used to lock or unlock the front left-hand door if the RENAULT card does not work:
- when the RENAULT card battery is drained, flat battery, etc.
- use of devices using the same frequency as the card;
- vehicle located in a high electromagnetic radiation zone.
Access to key 5
Press button 6 and pull on key 5 then release the button.
Using the key
Please refer to the information on “Locking and unlocking the opening elements”.
Once you have accessed the vehicle using the integrated key, replace it in its housing in the RENAULT card, then insert the RENAULT card into the card reader to start the vehicle.